Website User Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully – they set out the basis on which you are allowed to use this website. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Website User Conditions (User Conditions) and that you agree to comply with them.
Who are we?
These User Conditions relate to our website (StarDM.me) and mobile application (App) (collectively, the Site). The Site is operated by Star Direct Message Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 12584484) with its registered office at 136-140 Old Shoreham Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN3 7BD, trading as StartDM (StarDM, we or us). You can contact us by email or by telephone as indicated on the ‘Contact Us’ page here.
Use of our Site
Your use of the Site is governed by these User Conditions. Terms that are defined in the Fans Terms of Service or Talent Terms will have the same meaning in these User Conditions.
Our website Privacy Notice also applies to your use of our site. Our website Privacy Notice describes how we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you acknowledge reading our Privacy Notice and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Site Changes and availability
We may make change to our Site from time to time. We do not guarantee that our Site will always be available, or services will be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or part of our Site for business or operational reasons.
You undertake not to:
- use a false identity or provide any false or misleading information;
- create an account if you (or any Site account that you created or controlled) have previously been removed or banned from our Site;
- share your username and password with others; or
- impersonate any third party.
Your use of the Site
In using the Site, you agree not to:
- use the StarDM Offerings or Site for activities or businesses or individuals that is connected with any illegal or unlawful activity, violence or hate speech, disparagement or defamation;
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate the intellectual property, privacy, moral or other legal rights of any third party;
- take any action or submit, post, share, or communicate anything that is, or that incites or encourages, action that is, explicitly or implicitly: illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, racist, derogatory, or pornographic, indecent, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- send advertising or commercial communications, including spam, or any other unsolicited or unauthorised communications;
- participate in any fraudulent or illegal activity;
Technology and virus
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology and computer programmes to access the Site and you should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access or use software or engage in harvesting to collect data from the Site or any user of the Site. By breaching this provision, you would be committing a criminal offence and your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Limitation of liabilities
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We do exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
In no event will We, our officers, employees, agents or contributors to this website be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential or otherwise and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable or if we’ve been advised of the possibility of such liability arising under or in connection with:
- access to, use of or inability to use or access our Site;
- use of or reliance on any content or material displayed on our site; or
- access to anything made available through StarDM Offerings.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, data or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
Websites we link to and rules about linking to our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them or that they may derive from your visit. You should read their Privacy Notices to learn about how they process your personal data. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal, appropriate to our business and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to refuse applications to link to our site or withdraw linking permission without notice.
Our right to monitor compliance
You acknowledge and agree that we are not obligated to monitor access to or use of our Site by you or third parties but we have the right to do so to operate our Site; enforce these User Conditions or our Terms, or comply with applicable law, regulation or other legal, administrative, or regulatory request or process.